Tuesday, December 1, 2009

GO ZIPS!

Wow! November has flown by so quickly! This was a very exciting month for me! I am a member of the University of Akron's dance team and I love it so much! Dance has been apart of my life ever since I was a little girl. I was thrilled when I found out I had made a college dance team! I have made so many wonderful friendships with the girls on the team that I will cherish for a lifetime. I have spent countless hours with them and they have grown to become like a family. We have been practicing since July! We have been working very hard to make our season the best it can be! Although we don't dance at the football games, we are still a part of all the football excitement! We are there at the games promoting the University of Akron, usually throwing out t-shirts or passing out fliers. We also serve as ambassadors for the University at various functions, fundraisers, and charitable events. Now that the football season has come to an end, it is finally time for the basketball season to begin! We danced at our first basketball game November 10th which was a blast! The Akron Zips men's basketball team faced off Mount Union in an exhibition game and we won with a score of 88 to 38!! The dance team and cheerleaders cheered them on to an exciting win! Our primary mission is to interact with the crowd to generate enthusiasm and spirit during the game. The dance team performs at all of the time outs, usually with our fantastic band, to keep the crowd involved and entertained. At halftime, we really get to showcase our talent with a choreographed dance. This is my favorite part of the game! I love all of the dances and it is so much fun to perform them in front of a large crowd! Dance team definitely has kept me busy and I'm honored to be a part of such a wonderful team!


The beautiful U of A dance team! This group of girls have become
like a family to me. I am so fortunate to have them in my life!
We recently took this team photo along with individual photos and
the photographer decided to use this flier as her advertisement! :)



Posing with my good friends Cassi and Danielle prior to performing
at a wheelchair basketball game! This was a charity event for disabled
children and adults that are wheelchair bound. It was so wonderful to
be a part of this event and to see these individuals participate in a sport
they love so much! We had a blast dancing and cheering the athletes on!


This is my best friend Cassi! I met Cassi in the summer at our first
dance team practice. We immediately clicked and have grown to
become best friends! We are inseparable! We do everything together!
We always joke about how we ever lived without each other! She supports
me in everything I do and will hopefully be coming to the Miss Teen USA
pageant this summer to cheer me on! She's the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment