Monday, May 10, 2010

Go AKRON AEROS!

This is quite a humorous story! I was asked to throw out the first pitch at the home opener game for the Akron Aero’s minor league baseball team as Miss Ohio Teen USA. I was so excited and honored to be apart of such a huge event in my hometown. Once my friends heard the news that I was throwing out the first pitch, they kept giving me a hard time saying “Make sure you make it to the plate!” and “Don’t bounce it! You better work out those arms to make it to the catcher!” I am not the type of person to get nervous so they didn’t bother me! I was still all excited to go out on the field and get the opportunity to meet all of the players. The game was nearly sold out with it being the home opener so I knew I had to make that ball to the plate to prove everyone wrong. I arrived at the game and the Akron Aero baseball players themselves started saying the same things to me! They were offering to practice with me because they truly believed I would not make it to the catcher. I told them I could do it and didn't need the extra practice haha! I pretended like I was some baseball all-star which I am definitely not! I did know I had to throw this ball as hard I as I could to prove that I could make it to the plate though. I was introduced with a brief bio and was asked to walk onto the field. This was the moment everyone was waiting for.....I threw the ball as hard and fast as I could. Well, I certainly made it to the plate and then some! The ball flew clear over the catcher’s head and the whole crowd started laughing! Of course I laughed along with them and still had fun with it, but it was definitely embarrassing. Then, to top it all off, they replayed my pitch on the News that night so everyone got to see my amazing throw haha! Overall, it was a great experience and I had tons of fun regardless of my terrible throw!
This is one of my best friend's, Britney who got to
join me on the field before I threw my amazing pitch
haha!

Posing with some of the Akron Aero baseball players :)
Signing some autographs!



No comments:

Post a Comment