Saturday, May 8, 2010

Training in Cinci!

This is the time of year we call CRUNCH TIME!! Miss USA is here and Miss Teen USA is right around the corner! The Michigan and Ohio titleholders had one last training & bonding weekend with our fabulous director, Melissa Pitchford. I traveled with Rima and Catherine (Michigan girls) to Cincinnati to meet Amanda and Melissa. We were running a bit late so right when we arrived, we had 6 minutes to beautify ourselves and be ready for our event appearance at a party being held for us as we continue on our journey to Miss USA and Miss Teen USA. We were ready in record time and made it to the party. We had so much fun meeting past judges, reuniting with one of the emcee's at our pageants, and getting to know all of the incredible people there. We all are so fortunate to have such a huge support group and people behind us that care so much. After the party, we headed back to the Pitchford household! We all stayed at Melissa's GORGEOUS home for the weekend with her wonderful family. We stayed up the remainder of the night eating healthy snacks of course and watching some fun pageant videos. It was a fun Queen's slumber party! Even Melissa's absolutely ADORABLE little girl, Ava joined in on the fun! She is the cutest little girl I have ever seen and she is hilarious! She is definitely a future Miss Teen USA! She already walks better in heels than I do and wears my crown and sash like she was born a Queen! We all had a blast together, but we had to get our beauty sleep for our big training day! We woke up Sunday morning and headed to the New View Modeling Agency to practice walking, have our physical appearance checked out, and practice our interviews. I honestly don't know what I would do without my sister queens, Melissa, Kim Proctor, and Deb Knoske. I could not have wished for a better group of people to be my back bone throughout this journey. They tell me exactly what I need to work on, exactly what I have down great, and are constantly giving me that extra boost of confidence to keep my head held high. I had so much fun with my mock interview and the judges there were fantastic! They gave me helpful hints which I will carry on with me to Teen USA! After training was all over, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at P.F Changs! It was unbelievable food and it was great to get one last bonding time in before we all separated to our homes. The weekend was definitely a success and I can't tell you how excited it got me for Miss USA and Teen USA! Rima and Amanda couldn't be more ready. They are both drop dead gorgeous with amazing bodies and hearts of gold. They have been such great role models to me and I look to them for anything I need. They are kind, caring, and genuine individuals. They are going to shine at Miss USA and I can't wait to be there cheering them on every step of the way! I love you both with all my heart!

My beautiful sister queens with past judges :)

The GORGEOUS Miss Ohio & myself :)
I love Amanda so much! I don't know what
I would do without her!

Amanda & I with one of the judges from the
Ohio state pageant!

Hahaha! The beautiful queen, CHESTER!
He is absolutely hilarious! He always makes
everything entertaining :)
I can't put into words how much these 3 girls mean
to me! We have had so much fun together throughout
this entire year! We get along so well & they will be life
long sisters to me. LOVE OHIO & MICHIGAN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment