Sunday, May 30, 2010

Orange Jubilee Fest :)

Just a few days after I arrived back in Ohio after such a fabulous week in Vegas, I was asked to make an appearance at Orange City Schools, Orange Jubilee Festival! I received a warm welcome from the superintendent of Orange City School along with the other wonderful staff. The festival was so much fun and they had so many talented students to be proud of. I was asked on stage to "kick off" the festival weekend! I took a few minutes to introduce and tell them a little bit about myself and to stress how important it is to give back to your community as well as staying healthy and positive. I then announced the winners of the "Community Service Ambassador" awards. It amazes me how intelligent, kind, and well rounded the students are. After hearing all of their hard work and community service, no one could deserve the award more! I also got to pull the name of the winner to sing the National Anthem for the following day to start out the festival. It was so thrilling to see how excited the winner was. She was adorable! She even sang with her sister that night on stage. Both of them have beautiful singing voices, I was so envious of them! I think God passed me up when he was handing out the talent of singing haha! I spent the remainder of the night hanging out with students and children of Orange City. Everyone there was so supportive of me! I signed tons of autographs and took countless pictures. I had a blast with everyone there and was really sad to leave.
The wonderful staff of Orange City Schools :)The winners of the Community Service Award!
Congrats! Very well deserved :)Some of my "number one fans" which they called
themselves haha! The students were so welcoming
& kind to me. Orange Schools should be proud!
The beautiful sisters that sang for everyone! Look
out for them on American Idol in a few years!

These are some of the friendly police of Orange City! They had a fun game set up to advocate the importance of no drinking while driving. I even got to play! I wore some funny goggles that blur your eye sight and had to walk in a straight line. Let's just say I would have definitely failed the test!! I was all over the place! A very important lesson was learned by this demonstration and I hope that the students realize this too. I know it is so hard for teens to turn down the use of alcohol and drugs because of the strong pressure from your peers. Always remember to stay true to YOU and know that YOU have the power to say no and do what is right. Orange City Schools have done an excellent job teaching this to their students!





No comments:

Post a Comment