Sunday, August 1, 2010

CBUS trip & Kid's #1 Run!

I have some major catching up to do!! Feels like forever ago that I visited Columbus schools and participated in the Kids #1 Run! I have been so busy these past couple months, but I have to share these events with you because they were so much fun and I will never forget them! As I have mentioned before, my older sister lives in Columbus so I visit her and my new baby nephew all the time! She is a third grade teacher and I actually made my first appearance as Miss Ohio Teen USA at her school way back in November! I had a blast talking and spending time with all of the children and my sister informed me that they did as well! They had been asking if I was coming back to see them again so I made sure to make time to see them before I left for Teen USA. I came at the end of the school day and surprised them! They were SO excited! I felt like a true celebrity! They were jumping on me, hugging me, asking me to sign their projects, take pictures! It was craziness, but I enjoyed every second of it.

This is Mo! He is one of my favorite little kids of all
time! He is so adorable & so sweet. He brought my pic
from the last time I visited & he had it laminated so he
could keep it forever. I am going to miss this little man
so much!

The Kids #1 Run was held at Akron Children's Hospital which is rated one of the best Children's hospitals! It was a beautiful day and the perfect day for all of the fun festivities. The Kids Run event is the perfect mix of physical fitness and fun entertainment for all ages. Some featured events include a 5K run, a one-mile, non-competitive Fun Run and a Miracle Mile race for those capable of running less than an eight-minute mile. People of all ages came out to participate and help make a difference. I spent most of the day walking around participating in some of the little events they had set up, hanging out with the children, visiting some of the patients, and helping out with the races! I even got to meet Bill Considine who is the CEO of Akron Children's Hospital! This man is a true representation of a person with a heart of gold. He has given back so much to the city of Akron and is the biggest supporter of everything Akron has to offer. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met and he made me feel so special and welcome. He invited me on stage with him to start the races and he gave me the kindest introduction. Shortly after I helped with that, I once again participated in the 5K race! It was a very hot day, but it was definitely worth it! Overall, it was a fun filled day and very rewarding!

One of the most beautiful, sweetest, & strongest
young girls I have ever met!
Look who I found!! ZIPPY! Best mascot ever :)
The man that started it all :)This is 98.1 WKDD's very own Keith Kennedy! WKDD is
one of the biggest radio stations in Ohio. Keith was
there broadcasting the event & also invited me for an
interview as well! He's such a fun & nice guy!
Haha probably the least flattering picture of me, but
hey this is what I look like after running a 5K in 85
degree weather!



No comments:

Post a Comment