Sunday, August 8, 2010

Send Off Party!

I am truly the luckiest girl in the world to have been blessed with the most incredible family and friends anyone could ever wish for! My Mom never ceases to amaze me, but this time, she completely outdid herself! A few weeks before I am leaving to compete for Teen USA in the Bahamas, I ask my Mom, "So are we going to have a send off party for me?!" Since we are new to the pageant world and how everything works, she had no idea that people had send off parties haha. She was confused on what I even meant, but she went above and beyond and threw together the best party! My aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, and friends all came together for me and helped out to make the party a success. My Uncle Kevin works at the University of Akron as the equipment manager which means he works a lot with the sports teams and events at the University. He came through for me and rented out the Press Level at the brand new Infocision stadium! It was perfect! The stadium is huge and one of the nicest places I have ever seen. It was so nice to have the University of Akron support me and honor me by having it there. I love Akron and proud to be a Zip! My aunts came together and got some delicious appetizers and drinks for the occasion. They also went on numerous shopping sprees with my mom picking up decorations! I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked in to the party to see posters of me hanging up, a big sign that said "Bridget Linton Miss Ohio Teen USA", a plethora of food and drinks, adorable tables with Hawaiian necklaces (representing Bahamas haha)on them along with my autograph cards for people to take,and my family running around making sure everything looked perfect! One of my great friends, Erin who made me my birthday cupcakes made a GORGEOUS cake for me! It was absolutely beautiful all glitzy and glamorous! She knows me too well and knows what I like! Also, there was a table set up with plain white puzzle pieces laid out for people to write a little good luck note on, for me to put the puzzle together and always remember who was there to support me on my journey to Miss Teen USA! I loved this idea and wasn't shocked to hear that Laura Spray came up with it and set it up for me. Laura Spray is who I like to call my "second mother." I literally call her Mom, never Laura or Mrs.Spray! I grew up with the Spray family through being best friends with both Adam and Kevin Spray. Adam is in my grade and Kevin is a year older. They have been such great friends to me and have ALWAYS supported me in everything I do. I know I can look to them for anything and they will be there for me. "Mom" has been nothing but so gracious and amazing. She has always treated me as I were her real daughter and spoils me! She's too great to me! I truly love the entire family and am so lucky to have them. The party then started at 7 and I was shocked to see how many important people in my life were able to fit me into their schedule and come to support me. The party was very last minute, but it was really the best party I could have ever wished for. All of my family and best friends were there and I just felt so blessed. People went up to the microphone and said the kindest words about me. They really brought tears to my eyes. After hearing what they had to say, I realized that I didn't care about the result of Teen USA because I already have had the most incredible journey and have grown up so much this past year preparing for this. I knew I was ready to walk on that stage knowing that I was going to be the best that I could be knowing that I had all of them behind me. Overall, my send off party was more than a success and really made me realize how lucky I really am!
I LOVE my food :)
The most amazing woman in the world and the one I can
thank for the greatest party! Love you Mom :)

I love this family too much! Some of the Irish dancers
that I teach :) We have some future Miss Ohio Teens
right here!
The CUTEST little man in the whole world!
Notice his onesie....it says "Good Luck Aunt Bridgie"
I love him too much!
Some of my best friends that came to see me off!
This group of gorgeous girls with me are my absolute
best friends!! I don't know what I would do without them
in my life! Look at them...any one of them could be Miss USA!

My handsome Pap!My 2nd family...the Spray's!!My two mini mes! They are just as crazy and outgoing as me
& LOVE the spotlight! I gave them the crowns off my cake
so they could be queens for the night too!

Hahaha! Just being funny & reliving the moment
my dream came true!





No comments:

Post a Comment