Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!

I had one of the best 4th of July celebrations ever this year!! Even though I don't have pictures to prove it, I hope that you all believe me when I say that I spent my 4th of July with Lebron James!!! Yes, its true! My family is extremely close with the Hurley family who just happens to be really good friends with Lebron! I have grown up with the Hurley's through Irish dancing. Katie Hurley is one of my really close friends and we grew up together going to the same school, training in the same school of dance, and traveling all over competing in dance together. Through this, our Moms became best friends as well as our families. Katie's brother, Michael Hurley graduated from St. Vincent-St.Mary with Lebron and they were great friends all through high school. I actually remember meeting Lebron when he was only a sophomore in high school at the Hurley's house! So crazy to think about considering he is one of the best NBA players of all time now! Anyways, I received a text from Michael telling me that he had put my picture up on his facebook and blog for people to vote for me on the miss teen usa site. I thanked him and was so excited to know I had his support! Michael was actually named Mr.Ohio in Cosmopolitan magazine two years ago and has been very successful in his modeling career. After his text about voting, he told me that Lebron was having pool party and had told him he could bring a few friends. Now mind you this is a few days before Lebron is announcing his final decision on where he is going to play so I am thinking he meant it was a party FOR Lebron, not Lebron's party! I hadn't seen Michael in awhile so I thought I would go to see him and I knew I would have fun with him! He picked me and my best friend, Liz up and we were off to a party we thought was for Lebron. We arrive at this insanely huge mansion in Cleveland which looked more like a hotel than a house! I couldn't believe my eyes! Then, we walk around to the backyard where there is a gorgeous pool with fountains of water shooting and a hot tub within the pool! I have never seen anything like it! I am thinking this party could not get any better until I look up and see LEBRON JAMES!!! My heart seriously dropped, I thought I was dreaming! He walked up to us and said "This must be Bridget and Liz! Hi sweetheart! Hi Hun! My name is Lebron!" For the first time in my life, I was speechless. All I kept thinking was, "Lebron James just said my name in a sentence. Lebron James just said my name in a sentence" Haha and the funniest part was that he introduced himself to me like I didnt know who he was or something! I thought it was very polite of him and I respect him for that. He showed us where the food was and said if we needed anything to just come to him and he would take care of it for us! The whole day was incredible! The weather was perfect for the pool and I don't think it could get much better than spending it with two of my close friends and a celebrity!! The only negative part about the whole experience was that we weren't allowed to take pictures there or with him :(. I understand why he wanted it that way considering he is such a huge celebrity and his name is always in the News. Overall though, it was definitely one of the best pool parties and 4th of July's I have ever been to and I hope you all believe me that it did happen haha!

The following day was my day to be a celebrity! I was asked to be apart of Stow's annual 4th of July parade which is the biggest in Ohio! I got to ride in a red Thunderbird convertible with my name posted on the side of it! My Uncle John was so kind to let me use his cool car and take the time out of his day to be my driver :)It was a super hot day and I was sweating in that car while waiting for parade to begin. Just when I started to get frustrated with the heat, I got to see some of the Akron cheerleaders and some girls on my dance team! They were in the parade as well so I hung out with them before the parade began. The parade was huge and ran for about 4 miles long! There were so many people out celebrating and cheering for the floats and other organizations that were passing by. The people were so kind and were shouting their congrats and good wishes to me. I had tons of fun and it will be a 4th of July I will cherish for a lifetime!

My sweet ride :)

Team Akron! GO ZIPS <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment