Sunday, October 10, 2010

Altima Tan :)

A good friend of mine, Tim Freeman owns the tanning salon, Altima Tan. This is a high class tanning salon and a very popular one too! They have put a cozy, but classy touch to the salon. You will find that the decor is very natural and warm with wonderful aromas to create a relaxing environment for your ultimate tanning and massage experience. Altima Tan has been in business since 2007 and tans on average 260 people a day. Tim is an ardent supporter of tanning in moderation and tanning responsibly. I feel the same way about tanning and I respect him very much for making his customers aware of this. Once I was crowned Miss Ohio Teen USA, Tim had approached me shortly after to help back me up on my responsible tanning platform. Especially in pageants, girls think they have to be super dark and tan at all times and will tan everyday. I have been advising people of all ages during my reign to learn about their skin type, find out how much exposure their skin can accept without burning, protect their skin with protective lotions and ALWAYS wear safe, protective eye wear. I have also been educating people all over Ohio about the benefits of UV exposure past simply getting a bronze glow on the outside. Tanning does have its benefits and does make people look fabulous! Although, I think it is important for people to realize that they don't need to tan everyday to keep their glow. Moderation is key! I have had so much fun working with Tim this past year and he has helped me so much! It is so cool to walk into the salon and see posters of myself hanging all around! He has made me feel like the celebrity that I always wanted to be! People are always stopping me and telling me they saw a huge poster of me hanging in the plaza, saw my picture in ads in the newspaper, and even on coupons! Also, at my send off party to Miss Teen USA, I was presented with an award for the goodwill ambassador of the year for safe tanning! He really is the best just like his salon!





No comments:

Post a Comment