Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MISS TEEN USA 2010 in Bahamas!

I once had a dream of becoming the new Miss Ohio Teen USA and I was willing to do anything to make that dream come true. I stayed true to myself, worked to the best of my ability, took in every moment, and had the time of my life throughout my entire journey. On October 10, 2009, my dream turned into a reality! I will NEVER forget that moment when the crown was placed on my head and I heard my name announced as the 2010 Miss Ohio Teen. From that moment on, my life had changed forever.

This past year has been almost like a fantasy for me. This is the life I have dreamed of ever since I was little girl and I can't believe all of the amazing opportunities I have gotten to experience. From the moment I had been announced Miss Ohio Teen USA, I had a new goal and dream. I worked very hard all year all while having the time of my life! All of my training sessions, photo shoots, appearances, and work outs were all leading up to the moment I had been waiting for all year....MISS TEEN USA!

I traveled all the way to Nasseau, Bahamas with my amazing family and support group! The first day I arrived, I was able to relax and spend time with the most incredible family anyone could wish for in the beautiful Bahama weather. Unfortunately, the relaxation with my family was short lived. I woke up early the following day and checked in to the beautiful Atlantis with all of the other titleholders. This was a free day for the queens to get checked in, unpack, eat, and hang out with one another. Miss Michigan Teen, Catherine McGhee was my roommate! Not only was she my roommate, but she is also my sister state! We unpacked our things together, hung up our dresses, laid out our heels and jewelry, and were off to meet the other queens! I made friends with so many incredible girls that night and we all shared a nice healthy buffet together! The food at the Atlantis was DELICIOUS! We all hung out and laughed together while walking around the gorgeous resort. Although none of us wanted to end the fun, we knew we had to get to bed early for the anticipation of our first morning of rehearsal for Teen USA!


My beautiful view :)




The entire week was filled with countless hours of rehearsals. Kent is the choreographer for Teen USA, so obviously the opening number dance and walking patterns were AMAZING just like him! The opening number dance is my favorite part! The dance was so much fun and I got to stand right in the center :) I rocked it out and had a blast learning and performing it all week. The week wasn't only just about the early morning and late night rehearsals, we also got to experience some fun and exciting events! There was a welcome cocktail party for all the contestants and their families. The dinner was superb and it was so nice to see my family and meet all of my new friends families as well! It was such a warm feeling to be apart of something so special. After the cocktail reception, we got to dance the night away at the teen dance club in the Atlantis!! If you know me at all, you will know that I LOVED this! I had SO much fun! We also got to tour the world famous Atlantis resort. The resort is absolutely beautiful and there are so many things to do there. I wish I could have stayed an extra week to experience all of the fun activities! It was such an amazing feeling walking through the resort and having people stop and ask for autographs and pictures! I felt like a real celebrity! Unfortunately, we had strict security and we weren't allowed to stop most of the time. The security made me feel like a superstar too! I've never had a personal body guard follow me around! It was definitely a new and exciting experience!


First morning before rehearsals!


SC! Megan & I met at the titleholder
retreat back in February and we were
instantly friends! We have to much fun
together! We had a blast in Vegas &
then even more fun in the Bahamas :)


The beautiful queens before the cocktail party!




Dancing the night away with the girls!


The beautiful West Virgina, Ally & I after rehearsal!

After long hours of hard work and fun, the night we all had been waiting for FINALLY arrived! On July 23rd, I competed in the Preliminary competition for Miss Teen USA 2010. I worked it out and strutted my stuff down the runway! I had so much fun and I felt like a truly shined on stage! It such an exhilarating feeling hearing my name and state called out, then seeing a huge audience cheering me on! I felt like all of my hard work had paid off and I did the best I could! Every single contestant looked absolutely gorgeous and were STUNNING on stage! I've never seen a group of more beautiful girls in my life. It was a true honor to have met and bonded with each one of them. I know that there are some girls that will be life long friends of mine! After competing in prelims, we woke up the next morning for interviews and more rehearsing for the FINAL NIGHT! I had so much fun in the interview. I just acted like my complete self and enjoyed meeting the judges! You never know what they are looking for, so I just stayed confident and hoped for the best on the night of the 24th! Finals night was the night we performed the opening number! That moment was indescribable! I can't even explain how much fun I had. Immediately after was time for the top 15 to be called. We were all so nervous and were hoping to hear our name and state called, but unfortunately, there are only 15 spots. Even though I didn't hear my name, I still can look back at my experience as the greatest time of my life. I am so proud of all of my friends that made it so far especially to the new Miss Teen USA, Kamie Krawford! I know she will do an amazing job and make our country proud!


Kandis!! or as I like to call "Okie" We had too much fun together all week! Love her!


Haha! My OHIO glasses that my amazing sister got me :) Love you Amanda!


Diamond Nexus Group :) Miss this!


My best friends before evening gown competition :)


Swimsuit Competition!

After the show was over, I got to see my beautiful family, my incredible director Melissa, my gorgeous sister Amanda, and my dance teachers who came to support me! I had the best fan club there! These are the people that have been behind me cheering me on throughout my entire year. I knew no matter what the result was, they would still be so proud of me and continue showing their support. Melissa has impacted my life in a way no one else in the world ever could. She is truly the most incredible person I have ever met and I would have never grown into the person I am now without her. She was there to tell me how proud she was of me and my performance! My parents, aunts, sister, and my baby nephew were all there showing me their love and care as well. Seeing their smiling faces after the show meant the world to me! My Irish dance teachers from Michigan and Chicago also traveled all the way to see me! I have grown up with Tim O'Hare who is the owner of my dance school and Megan Sanders who is a highly recognized dance teacher in my dance school as well. They have been behind me in not only dance, but in everything I have ever done in my life. They have always told me to shoot for the stars and DREAM BIG! They couldn't have been more proud of me and I am so happy they were there! Of course it was a pleasure to see my stunning sister queen, Amanda too! She has been my back bone throughout my entire journey and I truly couldn't have been blessed with a better Miss to share my year with!

Overall, I have grown up so much and have learned so many things about myself that I never knew before. I have met countless incredible people that have impacted my life in such a positive way and so many doors have opened for me throughout my journey. Now I can only look to my future and keep working hard while staying true to myself to reach more success in my life. I thank God everyday for blessing me with this once in a lifetime opportunity and I am anxious to see what he has in store for me in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment